The blog of a young British woman taking on a new life in Japan as an assistant language teacher. No, I've never been to Japan before this, I don't speak the language, nor have I ever stood up in front of a class and taught before. This should be interesting...

Thursday 7 February 2008

Sob!

No real entry, just pics from my last day at my favourite school...

The teachers came out to wave me off and as I cycled off I could hear my name being screamed by a bunch of kids. The brass band were waiting on a balcony and played a song for me. The tears I'd prided myself on not shedding so far, fell, I couldn't help it. And then the sports teams came out to line the gates and wave goodbye to me, and as I finally cycled away, with tears in my eyes, the brass band started up again... I LOVE these kids :(

These are pictures of some of my wonderful and crazy second and third graders- the 1st graders generally made me want to consider getting my tubes tied...











And to close, here's some Japanese rock from Monobright