The blog of a young British woman taking on a new life in Japan as an assistant language teacher. No, I've never been to Japan before this, I don't speak the language, nor have I ever stood up in front of a class and taught before. This should be interesting...

Wednesday 12 March 2008

Japan Room 101 Update

Ok- I have been really crap with this blog of late. If your best friends ask if you are ever planning to return home, and you handed in your notice at the end of February, it's a good indicator that perhaps you haven't been updating people as often as you could have...Gomene (shortened version of 'gomenasai'= sorry).

Since I finally worked up the courage to leave my beautiful Japan, I have been mentally trying to prepare myself to return.

It's hard. I swing between wanting to stay, even vaguely looking for other positions and companies in Japan, but part of me is ready for whatever comes next- wherever that may be. I'm due back in the U.K. at the beginning of April.

I had a long entry planned out, detailing my efforts to make myself feel better about leaving Japan by listing all the things that I won't miss about Japan, but I'm feeling a tad lazy, so I'll save that for another entry.

So yeah- start planning the welcome home parade for me, complete with hardcore cocktails on tap, dancing monkeys, fireworks and piƱatas; I'll be home before you know it...

Pictures...


A beercan display for Hina Matsuri (Dolls Festival). I admired the commitment involved in emptying all those cans...




I met the artist who painted this- you need to see just how fine and detailed the paint strokes are.


My favourite photo from the Murder Mystery party I went to last weekend.


My latest obsession: collectable miniatures- no one else gets this mania of mine.

Will update properly again soon.